We’re beginning to really love House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes. This man is a courageous patriot and one of the few Republicans in Congress with the spine to go up against the massive U.S. intelligence community and call them out on their misdeeds. If it weren’t for him and his steady, pounding presence in the Russian investigation, there’s no telling how far off the rails the Democrats would have taken us by now. Nunes is doing his best to keep this investigation honest, and that’s no mean feat considering how desperate the Democrats, the FBI, and the former Obama administration are to keep their wrongdoing hidden from the American public.
This week, Nunes continued his crusade against a sick and corrupt deep state by sending a collection of questions to various current and former government officials. The questions surround the weakest (and yet, most relied upon) link in the Trump/Russia Collusion Theory: The infamous Christopher Steele dossier.
“If you do not provide timely answers on a voluntary basis, the committee will initiate compulsory process,” Nunes wrote in the letter.
Will this inspire any officials to come forward with answers. Let’s look at the questions and decide:
- When and how did you first become aware of any of the information contained in the Steele dossier?
- In what form(s) was the information in the Steele dossier presented to you? By whom? (Please describe each instance)
- Who did you share this information with? When? In what form? (Please describe each instance)
- What officials actions did you take as a result of receiving the information contained in the Steele dossier?
- Did you convene any meetings with the intelligence community and/or law enforcement communities as a result of the information contained in the Steele dossier?
- When did you first learn or come to believe that the Steele dossier was funded by a Democrat-aligned entity?
- When did you first learn or come to believe that the Steele dossier was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and/or Hillary for America (Clinton campaign)?
- When did you first become aware that the Steele dossier was used to obtain a FISA order on Carter Page?
- Was President Obama briefed on any information contained in the dossier prior to January 5, 2017?
- Did you discuss the information contained in the Steele dossier with any reporters or other representatives of the media? If so, who and when?
Nunes is trying to gauge just how far and wide the dossier spread throughout the Obama administration. Who was privy to its contents? Who was privy to its pedigree, i.e., that it was a concoction bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton and the DNC? Who thought it might be a good idea to go to the media with some leaked tidbits from the dossier?
All of this is about putting together a solid picture of exactly what was happening in the Obama administration in the last months of the 2016 campaign. It is through questions like these – even if they temporarily remain unanswered – that Nunes and the House Intelligence Committee will get to the truth about where the corruption spread, where it started, and, ultimately, how far into the White House it spread.
Hold on to your hats, it’s about to get crazy up in here.